A lot of things can go wrong with hollow metal doors you don’t always need to replace a commercial door. Some of the more common problems with wood doors.
- hinge screws become stripped
- veneers start to peel
- hollow core doors will get holes
Here just a few problems that happen with hollow metal doors.
- hinge pockets become unwelded
- simple wear and tear
- holes in the door where multiple pieces of door hardware have been installed incorrectly
- The main weld that starts at the top of the door. Then finishes at the bottom of the door becomes unwelded.
Often times when we go out to work on a door we’ll find that the door is dragging. They will either drag on the frame or on the ground. This is a relatively simple fix most of the time. We can either simply replace or adjust the hinges. Installing a full surface continuous hinge will keep you from having to replace a commercial door.
Sometimes what was thought to be a door problem is actually either a lock problem or a door closer. In these cases the door is fine. We just simply replace a lock or adjust the hardware and the door is functional again, without having to replace the commercial door.